Head of Music
Our Governors seek to appoint a dynamic colleague, with a track record of raising achievement, to lead and manage our Music Department. The successful candidate will actively promote music in our school and will be responsible for organising high quality music for services, masses and assemblies around the liturgical calendar, whilst nurturing participation and enjoyment at all levels.
The successful candidate will be able to teach across the age and ability range and provide evidence of successful teaching strategies. They will also be able to demonstrate:
• exceptional musical ability
• a passion for music
• an ability to inspire others through their expertise and enthusiasm for the subject
• dedication to achieving high level performances, whilst also embodying a music-for-all approach and maintaining the enjoyment of our students
• a creative vision and flair for performances
• excellent organisational skills.
Teacher of Media Studies with English
The Governors of this high achieving Catholic 11-18 school wish to appoint a talented teacher who can implement Media Studies, as a new subject. This is an exciting opportunity for a person with vision, creativity and enthusiasm to introduce and develop Media Studies into a successful subject area. In time, we would like to offer a range of courses at Key Stage 4 and 5, including GCSE Film and GCSE Media Studies.
The successful candidate will:
· be an excellent classroom practitioner
· be committed to the achievement and well-being of all students
· have the ability to inspire and motivate
· have high standards and expectations.
Media Studies will form part of the English Department. Therefore the successful candidate will also have the ability, qualifications and experience to teach English up to Key Stage 4.