Bishop Ullathorne Catholic School Governors
Governors can be contacted via the Clerk to the Governors, c/o Bishop Ullathorne Catholic School, Leasowes Avenue, Coventry CV3 6BH or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of the governing body
Governing bodies are the key strategic decision-making body in every school. It is their job to set the school’s strategic framework. This includes ensuring the school has a long-term strategic vision. The governing body agrees the strategic priorities, aims and objectives for the school and the policies, plans and targets for how to achieve them. It checks on progress and reviews the strategic framework for the school in the light of that progress.
Foundation governors, appointed by the Catholic Diocese, have a specific role in preserving and developing the character of the school, including its religious character. They ensure our school is conducted in accordance with the foundations governing documents, including the trust deed relating to the school.
This is a demanding role for our volunteer governors who represent of parents, staff, the local community, the local authority and the Catholic Church. Their role includes:
- understanding their strategic role – building a productive and supportive relationship with the Headteacher while holding them to account for school performance and taking hard strategic decisions in the light of objective data;
- ensuring they have the necessary skills and commitment, including challenging the school to bring about improvement and hold leaders to account for performance;
- appointing an effective Chair to lead and manage the governing body
- evaluating their performance regularly in the light of Ofsted expectations and other good practice; and
- making changes as necessary to improve their effectiveness.
The Governors undertake their duties through a series of meetings which meet half termly.
We currently have vacancies for the following Governor positions:
- Parent Governor
- Foundation Governor
If you are interested in applying, please email
email@example.com for further information.
Chair of Governing Body
Bishop Ullathorne Vice Chair of Governors
Bishop Ullathorne Foundation Governor and Holy Cross MAC Foundation Director and Vice Chair